Martinique Rum, Lime Juice, Orange Curacao, Orgeat Almond Syrup, Simple Syrup, Mint Leaf, Cherry, Lime
- Ice Cubes
- 2 Parts 60 ml 2 oz Martinique Rum
- ¾ Part 25 ml ¾ oz Lime Juice
- ½ Part 15 ml ½ oz Orange Curacao
- ¼ Part 8 ml ¼ oz Orgeat Almond Syrup
- ¼ Part 8 ml ¼ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Sprig 1 Sprig 1 Sprig Mint Leaf
- 1 Whole 1 Whole 1 Whole Cherry
- 1 Wheel 1 Wheel 1 Wheel Lime
How to mix
Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with a mint leaf sprig, a cherry and a lime wheel.
Story about Mai Tai
It was purportedly invented at the Trader Vic's restaurant in Oakland, California in 1944. Trader Vic's rival, Don the Beachcomber, claimed to have created it in 1933 at his then-new bar named for himself (later a famous restaurant) in Hollywood. Don the Beachcomber's recipe is more complex than that of Vic's and tastes quite different.