Absolut Vodka, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer, Lime
- Ice Cubes
- 1½ Parts 45 ml 1½ oz Absolut Vodka
- ½ Part 15 ml ½ oz Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer
- 1 Wedge 1 Wedge 1 Wedge Lime
How to make a Moscow Mule
Fill a chilled stainless steel or copper mule mug with ice cubes. Add 1.5 parts Absolut Vodka and .5 parts lime juice. Top up with ginger beer. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Story about Moscow Mule
According to Wikipedia, the mule was born in Manhattan in New York's Chatham Hotel in 1941 when the first carload of Jack Morgan's Cock 'n' Bull ginger beer arrived in New York.
• For a somewhat more mature and full bodied version of the Moscow Mule, add a few dashes of aromatic bitters to the drink.
• Make sure to use plenty of ice. That will keep your drink colder, crisper and fizzier longer.
• If you can’t find Ginger Beer, muddle some fresh ginger in the base of your mule cup and use Ginger Ale instead. That will give you the spicy kick from the fresh ginger.
Today, there are many different variations of the Moscow Mule. Some people add vodka, others rum, some even add tequila! But what makes this cocktail unique is its ingredients. Ginger beer and lime juice make up the base of the Moscow Mule. Check out our other mule variations